A few schools have recently contacted us about students sending joke or spam emails to their large email groups e.g. learners@schooldomain.
You can easily create a sending rule that will only affect learners and prevent any future spamming. This short video talks you through the steps.
You’ll need to be a google admin user to access the google admin settings at admin.google.com
This is the example regex used:
Remember no spaces and groups are separated by a pipe |
We often get asked if there is an easy way to share SCORM content in realsmartcloud, the best option we have found it to host it in Google Drive. In fact you can host lots of stuff in Google Drive e.g Dreamweaver websites, video, whatever?
Just follow these simple steps:
To host a webpage with Drive:
- Open Drive at drive.google.com and select a file.
- Click the Share button at the top of the page.
- Click Advanced in the bottom right corner of the sharing box.
- Click Change….
- Choose On – Public on the web and click Save.
- Before closing the sharing box, copy the document ID from the URL in the field below “Link to share”. The document ID is a string of uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers between slashes in the URL.
- Name the root file as index.html
- Share the URL that looks like “http://www.googledrive.com/host/[doc id]/” where [doc id] is replaced by the document ID you copied in step 6 – don’t forget the slash!
Anyone can now view your webpage.
Google Analytics allows you to track and view key stats relating to your realsmartcloud site. Not only is this hugely beneficial as you can track how, where and why people are accessing your site, it’s also easy to set up.
- Sign in to your realsmartcloud site.
- Open Google Drive.
- Open a new tab / window and go to http://www.google.com/analytics/
- Click ‘sign up’ and complete the information form.
- Once you’ve done this you’ll be presented with a ‘tracking code’. Copy this.
- Navigate to your realsmartcloud site, click the ‘WordPress’ icon in the toolbar and select ‘Dashboard’. You will need to be a wordpress admin.
- Select ‘smartOptions’ from the menu.
- Open ‘analytics’ and paste the ‘tracking code’ in here. Then click ‘save changes’.
Google Analytics is now set up on your realsmartcloud site. Simply go to http://www.google.com/analytics/ sign in and click ‘reporting’ and then select the relevant criteria.
Below is a video tutorial demonstrating how to rename activities that you have shared in order to reorganise your realsmart dock.
Lots of people have been asking how to add slideshows into posts and pages within the realsmartcloud WordPress theme – So, here's a quick demo!
We have been asked a few times how we make our tutorial videos, we all use a variety of different tools. Here a few:
Snagit is a computer application that records pictures and videos from your desktop that you can save and upload to the web via the screencast service or YouTube. Education pricing can be found here http://shop.techsmith.com/store/techsmit/en_GB/list/categoryID.33182800/
We also use jing, it's a very light free application made by the same people as Snagit so it's basically a stripped down version of the above. http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html
If we are creating videos that require lots of editing, text, different clips etc we use a Mac only programme called Screenflow – http://www.telestream.net/screenflow/ it's £69.99 in the mac app store. Screenflow is very powerful and worth every penny if you want to produce high quality videos.
p style=”text-align: left;”>For a completely free web based application with single sign on from your Google Apps account use Screenr http://www.screenr.com/ It requires a java download that your network team may need to enable for you.
Finally? Have you heard of Google Hangouts? It's the Google video conferencing application powered by Google+ you can read this post to find out more. Hangouts on Air stream direct to YouTube, you can also screenshare documents and your desktop in the hangouts.
Flipped lessons? Tutorials for new technology? Screencasting rocks!